HOW WE HANDLE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
HOW WE PROTECT CUSTOMER INFORMATION
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
- When you place an order, you will be asked for the following personal information: your name; e-mail address; mailing address; delivery address and any special delivery instructions; and telephone number. We may share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of your order. For example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that delivers your order.
- Downs Office Equipment and Supplies Pty Ltd are committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will investigate any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to investigate.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you log on to our site, we will ask you your e-mail address and password.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our Website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
- Our site contains links to other sites. Downs Office Equipment and Supplies Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
- By default all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared with anyone else.
For credit card transactions, Downs Office Equipment and Supplies Pty Ltd adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. The payment process utilized by Downs Office Equipment and Supplies Pty Ltd uses HTTPS and is secured by 128bit SSL encryption. We do not store your credit card details.